Shipping & Logistics effective as of 7 April 2018
- Tortoiseshell Gallery [“The Gallery”] provides assistance in the logistics and transportation of all works sold by The Gallery.
- All artworks are available to Australian and selected international customers. Please contact The Gallery if your country is unavailable and arrangements can be made to facilitate a transaction;
- Works purchased through our online gallery or directly through The Gallery as an offline purchase will be processed and shipped once full payment has been received;
- No contractual purchase of artworks is considered complete until payment for the works has been received in its entirety and a confirmation email with final invoice of your order is emailed from The Gallery;
- The Gallery charges a 2.7% merchant fee on all credit and debit card transactions. We accept all major bank debit cards, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB credit cards;
- Merchant fee will be added to all online credit and debit card sales and shown as subtotal on the invoice;
- Merchant fee does not apply to payments made via Electronic Funds Transfer.
- After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation containing your order details and invoice of your order within a few minutes;
- All sales prices are in Australian Dollars and include Goods and Service Tax unless where otherwise stated;
- Once the order is processed there may be no cancellations, alterations or refunds to individual purchases so please choose carefully and think through any purchase decisions before you proceed;
- Once your order is received you will receive an email within two business days at the conclusion of each exhibition with logistics details;
- The Gallery reserves the right to contact you and request further information to verify your order;
- The Gallery can organise the shipping of artwork door-to-door Australia wide and internationally and will quote individually;
- Due to the specialised nature of art transportation, The Gallery works with Australian logistics companies in the transport and delivery of artworks;
- All works are packaged and handled by The Gallery and by the individual logistic companies. This is done with the upmost care, professionalism and attention to detail using protective packaging and secure transit;
- In most cases the tracking of artwork can be done with the chosen logistics company. The necessary tracking details can be provided depending on the carrier;
- Our art transport carriers are our preferred option in all instances. If you wish to arrange for other shipping and delivery options please contact The Gallery and these options will be considered based on the individual requirements;
- Delivery within Australia to most major cites and towns typically occurs within two to three weeks, but may take longer depending on your specific location.
- Shipping costs are NOT included in the purchasing price and will be determined on the basis of each artwork;
- You will be responsible for the cost of shipping and/or handling and should be aware of that;
- The Buyer is also liable and responsible for any insurance, import requirements or restrictions, duties, taxes and/or government charges that may apply to your specific region;
- The determination of shipping costs and delivery timeframes of each item are influenced by The Gallery’s location, shipping destination, size, weight and packing requirements are taken into consideration;
- Upon your purchase The Gallery will contact you to finalise all logistical fees, dispatch/delivery details and other requirements.
- All purchased works must be dispatched or collected at the earliest possible time after purchase.
- The Gallery can recommend installation and framing services or advise you on you particular needs.
This website is owned and operated by Tortoiseshell Gallery Pty Limited. We are registered in Australia under the Australian Securities and Investment Commission as a legally tradable proprietary limited company [Australian Business Number 83 146 411 672. Australian Company Number 146 411 672.]
- Our principal and registered place of business is at Suite 255 Level 2, 813 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, 2067 NSW Australia
- You can contact us:
a) By telephone, on the contact number published on our website or;
b) By email, using the email address published on our website
If you have any questions about our policies, website, or services provided please contact us with the attention of the Gallery Director to email@example.com or +61 0 472 778 958 during business hours. The Gallery Director or one of our staff will respond with the most appropriate and immediate recourse regarding each question or problem.