- Tortoiseshell Gallery [“The Gallery”] places a high responsibility for the care and privacy of all our clients and associations;
- The Gallery takes the handling of personal information very seriously. All visitors and users of this site are protected under the Australian Governmment’s Privacy Act 1988. You can access our Website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data;
- By accessing this website www.tortoiseshellgallery.com you acknowledge and consent to the information we collect and use about certain interactions are used only for the normal business practice of The Galley.
- The Gallery collects, uses and may store personal information:
a) Information you provide The Gallery for the purposes of artist submissions (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, Australian Business Number);
b) Information that you provide The Gallery for the purpose of subscribing to our email newsletters (including your name and email address);
c) Information you provide The Gallery relating to any purchase transactions of artworks you make (including your name, address, telephone number, email address);
d) Any further information or communication with The Gallery that you send to us or send through this website that may contain personal information.
- The Gallery uses information to:
a) Enable the use of our professional gallery services;
b) Send you artworks purchased through our website/and or gallery;
c) Send invoices to you and collect payments from you;
d) Send you specific targeted and tailored gallery information through our enewsletters. (This includes exhibited artists and all known buyers of works purchased through the Gallery automativally added the Gallery's database). You can contact The Gallery at anytime if you wish to be removed from our mailing list using the contact details published on this website or you can follow the instructions located at the bottom of the e-mail you received;
e) Handle enquires and complaints made by you relating to our website or gallery services;
f) Information you provide The Gallery as part of its professional service in the handling and transferring of monies generated from sales (including your account details).
- The Gallery retains personal information no longer than is necessary and routinely reviews our data collection, storage and processing of personal information. We delete personal information (unless retained for purposes of gallery tailored information or where The Gallery believes it will benefit in reviewing future applications);
- We never permanently store or have access to complete credit card or personal bank details;
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
- The Gallery does not disclose your personal information to any third parties unless with your prior written consent;
- The Gallery does not sell or distribute any personal information to anyone outside of The Gallery;
- The confidentiality of all information is never disclosed with the exception where it is purposefully required:
a) To process payments;
b) To ensure our logistics partners have accurate details when arranging transportation and delivery;
c) To comply with the required laws governing the Commonwealth of Australia;
d) In the event of a possible merger, acquisition, sale or liquidation of The Gallery;
e) To defend our intellectual property; or
f) To protect us from fraud, security or technical issues.
- The Gallery takes security very seriously and ensures that personal information is secured and protected against unauthorised changes, sharing or manipulation;
- We continually review information we store, collect and process to ensure we maintain the highest standards and practices;
- This whole site is fully encrypted using the latest Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and site validation to ensure our users have the highest assurance of trust and authentication;
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and bank details) on our website, we encrypt that information using SSL;
- When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required.
- The Gallery will periodically review and amend all or any of the policies on this site that form part of The Gallery’s business operations;
- You should check these pages regularly to ensure you are kept sufficiently informed about our policies and any changes that do occur.
- The Gallery may provide links to redirect you to third party websites or social media platforms, during which we have no control or responsibility for the policies and practices of these third parties;
- When engaging with social media websites The Gallery ensures that all information on its own managed pages are accurate and up to date.
- Most websites and browsers accept cookies and the user can choose to change their browser settings at any time;
- In doing so this may or may disable certain functions on this website.
- The Gallery values its strong relationships with its clients and we are committed to the highest level of service;
- The reputation of The Gallery is paramount and we actively engage in activities The Gallery feels will best enhance our repute and goodwill for our clients, customers and the community;
- Personal data collection and its use will be handled with full and proper respect for the privacy of our clients;
- The data we collect will be handled sensitively, securely and with proper regard for privacy;
- The Gallery always acts morally and ethically and never knowingly prejudices a person or persons in its conduct.
This website is owned and operated by Tortoiseshell Gallery Pty Limited. We are registered in Australia under the Australian Securities and Investment Commission as a legally tradable proprietary company [Australian Business Number 83 146 411 672. Australian Company Number 146 411 672.]
- Our principal and registered place of business is at 11 Roslyn Gardens, Elizabeth Bay, 2011, NSW Australia.
- You can contact us:
d) By telephone, on the contact number published on our website or;
e) By email, using the email address published on our website or;
f) In person at The Galley’s registered place of business.
If you have any questions about our policies, website, or services provided please contact us with the attention of the Gallery Director to email@example.com or +61 2 9331 8481. The Gallery Director or one of our staff will respond with the most appropriate and immediate recourse regarding each question or problem.